Have a Great Evening!
Questions & Rules
You must follow all employee instructions including directions to move or re-park vehicle. Employee decision is final. Refusal to immediately cooperate will result in ejection without refund.
About the Poles
- Park between two poles; these are the only designated parking spaces.
- Park twelve inches or less from one pole.
- Parking has been marked to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Park your vehicle in height appropriate designated rows.
- If your vehicle seats are low to the ground, we recommend parking in the first four rows of designated poles closest to the movie screen.
- Vehicles close to 6 feet high must park in designated pole section.
- Vehicles close to 6 ½ feet high must park in designated pole section.
- Height includes your raised hatch or anything that causes the top of your vehicle to be close to 6 feet or 6 ½ feet off the ground.
- Hatches must be tied down, at least one inch below roof, immediately upon arrival. Our parking lot attendants provide string and help; please let us know if you need assistance.
- You cannot, for any reason or any length of time, save a space for anyone else. Spaces are strictly first come, first serve, to be fair to everyone.
- Vehicle must point straight at the screen you purchased your ticket for. You can back into the space.
- You cannot sit on your vehicle roof.
- You cannot run your vehicle engine, turn on your lights, smoke, vape, or in or near your vehicle.
- Alcohol, of any kind, is strictly prohibited from being brought onto the grounds. Doing such is grounds for immediately removal.
- You cannot bother your neighbors in any unreasonable way. If management determines that you’re bothering neighbors, you’ll be asked to leave.
- We don’t allow vehicles to run the engine during movies, even if it gets cold. Please bring extra sweatshirts and blankets. We will sell hot drinks if it gets cold.
- Even if you arrive very early, we reserve the right to make you switch spaces with another vehicle if a customer view of the screen is blocked. You will be ejected for moving a cone, fence, pole, or barricade. We can’t promise you the perfect parking space.
What are your new rules?
Due to the changing situation and regulations in Massachusetts, the below rules and FAQ may be adjusted for safety. For up to date information please visit our Facebook page.
We ask that you follow all the rules that our staff asks of you.
What is the Topsfield Drive-In?
We are Massachusetts newest Drive-In located on the historic Topsfield Fairgrounds!
How do I find out the movie schedule?
TopsfieldDriveIn.com lists current movies on the homepage. You can also click special event or see full calendar for beyond this week. We announce the weekend schedule the Monday prior to the weekend.
Do you sell tickets in advance online?
Yes. Click here to purchase online tickets. At the box office, show the purchased ticket on your phone or print the e-ticket (you must download the attachment so it prints the barcode) and show that. Our contracts with Hollywood require a full price ticket. The box office will open 2 hours before movie start time. We highly recommend arriving at the box office at least one early to leave plenty of time to park and get snacks. You must arrive at the box office at least sixty minutes before the previews begin, or we can’t guarantee a parking space. We don’t reserve a particular space, just a space somewhere on the lot. A ticket can be scanned only one time; it will not work for another vehicle after it’s been scanned once. No refunds for any reason.
How much is it?
$27 per vehicle. $6 extra charge per passenger over six people. If you are purchasing tickets at the gate it is $30 per car.
When are you open?
Open seven nights a week. The show starts when it gets dark. For instance, about 8:45PM. In the event we are forced to cancel due to weather conditions a credit for another purchase will be issued. In the event of a cancellation, we will add additional days the following week, but due to Hollywood contracts cannot guarantee the same movie will be shown.
What can I bring?
Should I bring bug spray?
Everyone reacts to differently to mosquitos. We do spray our grounds regularly, however, we recommend you bring bug spray – it’s better to have than not to have.
When should I get there?
What do I do when I get there?
Enter through Gate “A” off of Rivergate Lot, the entrance to which is on Route 1 and drive to any of the ticket windows that are open. Redeem your ticket. Speed limit is 5mph. Choose a parking space; you can park facing forward or backward, but must park directly at the screen. Sound is on FM on your radio.
Can I get there late or leave early?
Yes, you can leave anytime. The price is the same regardless of your arrival or departure time.
Can I meet my friends at the drive-in or can someone walk into the drive-in after we get there and park?
Do you have restrooms?
Yes, restrooms are available from the time we open through end of the movie.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept credit cards for movie tickets, food, and beverage.
Can I use a pass for online tickets?
Can I leave and come back?
Can I play catch?
Do you allow dogs?
Yes, leashed dogs are allowed.
Can I smoke or vape?
Will my car battery die?
What if I need AAA or road service for jump start, lost keys, etc?
How do I hear the movies?
What if I lost something?
What if I need medical attention?
Do you allow hoverboards?
Do I have to wear shirt and shoes?
How much is a motorcycle?
How much is a mobile home or RV?
Can I bring fireworks, drone or a laser pointer?
Is the Topsfield Drive-In responsible for damage to my car, lost or stolen items?
Do you provide child care?
Do the rules above ever change and do I need to follow them?
What about anything I saw online, such as rules, specials, etc?
We’re only responsible for what WE put on this website and our own social media. We’re not responsible for anything that anyone else puts on the internet regarding Topsfield Drive-In. We try hard to constantly update our site with the correct information, however, it’s not always possible to be 100% totally accurate.
Can I get a refund?
We don’t issue refunds at the drive-in for any reason. We don’t guarantee that you will have the perfect space/view or that you will like the movies. All movie are rain or shine. Tickets are not transferrable to another date or movie. Please verify the date and time you are purchasing before you finalize your transaction.
Food & Drink
What food and beverage do you offer?
The Snack Bar serves: Pizzas, Pepperoni Pizza, Chicken Fingers, French Fries, Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Corn Dogs, Hot Dogs, Pretzels, Fried Dough, Mozzarella Sticks, Fresh Popped Popcorn, Candy, several soft drinks including Pepsi and bottled water. Ice Cream Stand serves Cups, Cones, Sundaes, Floats, and Slush. We do not serve alcohol. (This menu is not complete and is subject to change.)
Can I bring food or beverage?
For safety purposes no outside food is permitted. Failure to comply may result in you being asked to leave, without refund. All vehicles are subject to search.
When do you serve food and drinks?
Our concession stand is available throughout the show!